Family Dentist Worcester: Your Child’s First Dental Visit and What to Expect
Family Dentist Worcester
Family Dentist Worcester | Child dental care is essential. They should visit the dentist as recommended to assure their teeth and gums are developing properly. For this reason, your family dentist Worcester should provide a comforting environment. In fact, Dr. Gobran Family and Cosmetic Dentistry does just that! Our office is fully equipped with the latest technology to assure your child receives proper and customized care.
Learn about your child’s first dental visit below and contact us below.
When is the recommended first dental visit?
Our family dentist Worcester recommends that your child visits the dentist after they grow their first tooth or before their first birthday. In fact, a visit during these initial stages is vital for many reasons. For example, it helps the child learn proper dental hygiene early on. Also, the parent can learn how to care for their child’s teeth and how to prevent dental issues.
What to expect during the first dental visit
Our family dentist Worcester recommends the following tips.
- Book the appointment in advance
- Allot time for the appointment. It helps to schedule around your work schedule and other responsibilities.
- Introduce the idea of visiting the dentist beforehand. This helps the child to feel calmer during their visit.
Each visit is different as our family dentist Worcester customizes each patient’s care. Below is a general idea of what to expect at your child’s first dental visit.
- First, the dentist will review your child’s medical history and may ask questions to further understand.
- Next, the dentist will examine your child’s dental cavity, including the teeth, gums, and jaw. This may include the use of dental X-rays.
- Upon their findings, the dentist may recommend additional treatments and how they will help improve your child’s dental health
- Finally, our dentist will provide information on how to care for your child’s teeth. Our office advocates patient education. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Contact Us Today
Dr. Gobran Family and Cosmetic Dentistry offers a variety of services to assist patients of all ages. Learn more about child dental care with a consultation. Or, if you are ready to schedule your child’s dental appointment call (508) 753-3200 or book online. Our team would be delighted to assist! New patients are always welcome. Many insurances are accepted.