Worcester Invisalign: What Is Invisalign?
Worcester Invisalign|Are you someone who doesn’t want people constantly in your business and knowing what types of medical procedures and treatments that you are undergoing? If you want to have your teeth straightened as unobtrusively as possible, you should definitely give Invisalign a look. For residents of Worcester Invisalign is a leading brand that offers the ability to straighten teeth in an amazingly convenient and virtually invisible way. But before considering any type of treatment, you will likely have a number of questions that you would like answered so that you can make an informed decision.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a type of virtually invisible braces that straighten your teeth over a period of time. It is particularly popular among teenagers and young adults who may otherwise be self-conscious about highly obvious treatments like traditional braces.
How is Invisalign different from traditional braces?
Although traditional metal braces have seen advancements in recent years, they are still fairly noticeable and rely upon the use of metal wires and brackets. So there are some food restrictions with traditional braces. For example, it is not recommended that you chew sticky foods that could adhere to the metal. Invisalign is very different from traditional braces in that it does not rely upon metal wires and brackets. Instead, the system utilizes clear plastic aligners that are periodically swapped out to keep up with your unique treatment plan. You can conveniently remove your aligners at any time. So forget about food restrictions that are necessary with traditional metal braces. Whenever you need to eat or clean your teeth, just remove your aligners and replace them when you are done. One key point is that you need to make sure that your aligners remain in your mouth for 22 hours daily. This is so your teeth shift in accordance with your treatment plan.
- Ability to straighten teeth while being virtually undetectable to others
- You can remove them whenever you like to clean your teeth or to eat
- Improved self-esteem following treatment
What is getting Invisalign like?
After it has been determined that Worcester Invisalign make sense for you, there are a few steps to be taken:
- Your orthodontist will take impressions and x-rays of your teeth. This allows them to create a customized plan just for you. This helps your teeth shift into their correct positions.
- A customized set of aligners will be created that are virtually invisible. You will need to swap them out about every two weeks to keep up with your individual treatment plan.
- As is the case with traditional braces, it may be necessary to wear retainers for a while so that your teeth remain in their new positions.
Scheduling Your Consultation
If you have any questions about how Invisalign can straighten your teeth, contact our dentist in Worcester to schedule an Invisalign consultation.